The Polish Chamber of Healhcare IT together with the National Centre for Healthcare Information Systems (CSIOZ) and the Association of Healthcare Software Providers (STORM) have submitted to HL7 International the formal application to establish Polish Affiliate organization of HL7.
The aim of establishing the new organization is to support cooperation of Polish healthcare providers and software vendors with HL7 International and to coordinate activities regarding implementaion of HL7 standards in Poland. The recommendations published by the Polish Ministry of Health name HL7 CDA as a standard of electronic clinical documents and indicate the Polish National Implementation Guide for HL7 CDA as their technical specification.
The petitioning group consists of representatives of various stakeholders of healthcare interoperability standards:
- Roman Radomski, iEHR.eu,
- Tomasz Judycki, Polish Chamber of Healthcare IT,
- Paweł Masiarz, the National Centre for Healthcare Information Systems,
- Wojciech Parchański, the Association of Healthcare Software Providers,
- Dr Dorota Kilańska, Medical University of Lodz,
- Marcin Pusz, Pentacomp IT Systems,
- Dr Katarzyna Sikorska-Siudek, the Masovian Centre for Rheumatology and Osteoporosis.